Sunday 24 April 2011

And then there were 3....

When I got knocked out the MasterChef competition, I think my heart broke a little.  At that point, I wanted to be in the final so badly.  Of course I'm still disappointed.  I always will be a little and I'll forever think there were things I could have done differently, better even.

A month or two of soul searching and focussing on future plans helped me realise I had achieved far more than I thought I would at the outset.  The hardest thing was not being able to talk to people about how I felt, particularly the close friends I made during the competition. Not to mention coming home to slightly feral children and a job I'd almost forgotten how to do.  

Then when the programme aired, and I relived so many of those amazing experiences, and have had so much support from people, it has made me feel very proud of myself.  A feeling I have not always found easy to cultivate.  The self confidence that MasterChef has given me is a unique and amazing thing, and I will forever be grateful for that.  I want to thank all the people who have been so supportive and said such great things about my food.  The public support this week has been overwhelming, inspiring and healing.  Your encouragement has helped me overcome my disappointment at not making the final 3 and drive forward my future dreams and schemes. 

The final 3 are so very talented and really lovely people who I am proud to call my friends.  I really do wish Sara, Tim and Tom every bit of luck this week....  it's going to be a tough call! 

9 comments:

  1. I thought you were fabulous throughout. I know that you've been criticized for panicking or getting stressed. But that is what I liked, you seemed real, someone cooking what they love and being themselves. I wish I had the balls to do this show. I've no fear of the cooking, is the cameras that scare me. Hope to hear about your next venture soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you not taken part, then many people would not have taken an interest in vegetarian food. It was great TV and you changed as the series went on. What i enjoyed is the passion that you have for your cuisine. Thanks for sharing it with us, both on screen and via the blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really achieved so much and have inspired so many people. Thank you so much for watching the video of my coking and being so complimentary about it! It meant so much to me. Also, thank you for mentioning it on your twitter, I was so chuffed! I'll definitely be making more of your food.
    Thank You,
    Hari :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello!
    i made 2 more of your masterchef recipes last night, here's how it went:

    http://animoto.com/play/SzHOWXDnN2h1qI4zQj1dVw

    thanks for the recipes,
    Hari :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic satay sticks Hari. You should enter Junior MasterChef!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm no good under pressure... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked into it and it says you have to be between 10 and 12 :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah what a shame! But if you really love cooking as much as it appears, and you clearly have talent, you should pursue your foodie dream. The best route to becoming a chef is to start young. Look at John Torode. He has always known food is what he wanted to do, and he pursued that ambition to such great success. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jackie! :-) It's difficult because I do acting exams and grades and things, and I've always thought I want to be an actor. Once though, an actor told me that you always have to have something to fall back on because you can't get acting jobs all the time, and I love cooking, so maybe, cooking could a sort of part-time thing if that makes sense. Anyway, this would be IF i make it as an actor or a cook... :-S

    ReplyDelete