Sunday 19 June 2011

Let them eat cake...

I learnt quite a bit at Ottolenghi this last week...

Firstly, that this little tart is just sublime... 

And if I knew how to make the passion fruit curd, I would have to start running quite a few more kilometres every week.  It has also re-ignited my love of meringue.... 
  

....as have these bad boys!
  
The novelty of being surrounded by gorgeous cakes and pastries may have worn off for the regular staff, but not for this visitor I can tell you.  I felt obligated to sample any broken cakes of course, and took home enough to distract the children from my absence.  I may also have gained a few pounds in the process!
 
  





So apart from some cake induced weight gain, what else did I learn? 

How to fold a perfect little wonton.  How to check the seasoning in uncooked meat fillings (cook a little first - doh!).  How to perfectly cook salmon (sorry it took me so many attempts chef).  How to make quinoa taste really really good. 

And last but by no means least, more lovely salads....

No comments:

Post a Comment